1. I like mustard on my grilled cheese sandwiches. I’m not sure when this started, but I’ve been doing it for as long as I can remember since I moved out of my parents house! BUT I only like the mustard on the sandwich if the cheese is American cheese. If I make it with cheddar or Colby or Swiss or mozzarella, or some mix of any of those cheese or another cheese all together I don’t do mustard.
2. I take most of my showers in the dark. When we moved in to our last house a couple of years ago we didn’t have curtains for a little bit and we had a very large window in the bathroom over the tub. So I got in the habit of taking showers in the dark so as not to be an exhibitionist to the neighbors behind us. I found it’s actually more relaxing to take a shower in the dark. I don’t know why, but it is, so I kept doing it and have for the past two years.
3. I can’t sleep with the closet door open. This is another one of those, who knows why sort of things, but it’s true. If the door is open, I’m not sleeping!
4. I’m desperately afraid of snakes. I’ve seen so many stories of people finding them having crawled up their pipes and ending up in their toilet bowl or washing machine that I always check these things thoroughly. Even in the middle of the night I’ll turn the light on for a moment if I have to go to the bathroom to make sure there are no snakey visitors. Yes, I’m weird and yes it’s the middle of winter so they should be hibernating, but my brain tells me to check anyway!
5. I despise cleaning, but my OCD despises a dirty house even more. I wish I could ignore messes, but I can’t. And believe me with a 6 year old kid and my 36 year old kid too, there are a lot of messes. Lex is pretty good about cleaning up after herself, most of the time, the 36 year old, not so much! ;oP
So who wants to tell me five weird things about you?
Originally posted on Daffodil Lane.